Client Services Agreement
Client Services Agreement
1) MEET AND GREET:
- All new clients are required to have a meet and greet prior to services being rendered.
- We do not offer same-day meet and greet appointments.
- To receive a complimentary meet and greet, a minimum of $100.00 worth of services must be booked at or prior to the meet & greet and the meet and greet must be requested more than 14 days prior to the first visit.
- Any meet and greet requested less than 14 days before the first visit will incur a $30.00 meet and greet fee.
- Any initial reservation not meeting the minimum threshold of $100.00 will incur a $30.00 meet and greet fee.
- Any meet and greet resulting in no reservations booked and paid for will incur a $30.00 meet and greet fee.
- Supplemental meet and greets are charged a fee of $30.00
- Meet and greet fees shall not be combined. Only one $30.00 meet and greet fee will be assessed.
- To schedule service, reservation requests must be submitted via your Precise Pet Care client portal. The office will confirm all service requests the same day. Your reservations are not considered confirmed, and on our calendar, until you receive this email.
- New clients should not wait for their meet and greet to occur before sending in a reservation request. A scheduled meet and greet does not guarantee availability for any dates mentioned on your New Client Inquiry form. Clients are not required to pay for these reservations prior to the meet and greet. Reservations that require a deposit, however, are excluded. The deposit must be paid at the time reservation is made, with the remaining balance due at the meet and greet.
- When submitting a reservation request, clients are required to supply the approximate time they will be leaving and returning home on the first and last day of their trip.
- We require all cats in our care to be visited at least once every 24 hours.
- We require all dogs in our care to be visited a minimum of twice per day.
- We require all crated dogs in our care to be visited a minimum of three times per day.
- Clients requesting only 1 visit per day are required to choose the “anytime” time slot for the visit. Client may include their time preferences, which will be taken into consideration when preparing our routes each day. Exceptions will be made on a case-to-case basis.
- Any non-holiday, last-minute reservations, will incur a one-time $30.00 last minute booking fee. A non-holiday reservation request is considered last minute if it is made within 7 days of the first visit.
- All of our services can be found on our website at www.bestinshowpetsitting.com.
- All of our services are done in our clients’ homes. We do not offer boarding services.
- We do not offer same day or next day service for new clients.
- Quick Visits are for cats, birds, and other small critters only. They last up to a maximum of 15 minutes and include feeding, refreshing water, scooping litter boxes, minor clean-up of pet messes, security check of the home, mail/package retrieval. They do not include playtime, medication administration, extensive cleaning of litter boxes, extensive cleaning of pet enclosures, watering plants, taking trash cans to/from the curb.
- 15-minute potty breaks are for dogs with fenced in backyards only. They include potty and playtime in the backyard, refreshing water bowls and client provided treats. They do not include feeding, walks, medication, and any other service provided as part of our all-inclusive pet sits.
- Watering of plants is limited to indoor, and outdoor porch potted plants, with the use of a watering can. Best in Show Pet Sitting does not provide any outdoor plant/garden watering involving the use of a water hose.
- Our pet transportation service is offered to existing clients only.
4) OVERNIGHT VISITS
- An overnight visit runs from approximately 10PM – 7AM and includes the morning visit on the following day.
- Overnight service does not include any other visits throughout the day, like a midday dog walk and a dinner visit. Client will need to request these additional visits when submitting a service request.
- A 50% deposit is required for any service request that includes an overnight visit.
5) PAYMENT PROCEDURES:
New Pet Sitting Clients
- New clients with confirmed reservations made prior to their meet & greet will be required to pay for those services, in full, at their meet & greet.
- New clients who book their first reservation after a meet & greet has been completed will be required to pay for those services via credit/debit card upon receipt of their confirmation and invoice.
- Once your first schedule of visits has been completed and closed out, you are no longer considered a new client and will now follow the payment policies for existing clients as set forth below.
New On-going Daily Dog Walking Clients
- Clients are required to keep a credit card on file with Best in Show Pet Sitting
- The first calendar month of dog walking services will be pre-paid in full at the meet and greet.
- Once the first calendar month of walks have been rendered, client is no longer considered a new client and will now follow the payment policies for existing clients as set forth below.
Existing Pet Sitting Clients
- Paying by cash or check: Payment, in full, is to be left for your sitter on the first day of a visit schedule. Please do not mail cash/checks to us.
- Paying by credit/debit card: Payment is due on or before the first day of a visit schedule.
- Client may make a one-time payment directly through their invoice.
- Client may choose to keep a credit card on file. If no payment was received prior to our first scheduled visit, and no cash/check was left for us upon arrival at our first scheduled visit, client authorizes Best in Show Pet Sitting to charge the card on file for the current amount due.
Existing On-going Daily Dog Walking Clients
- Clients are required to keep a credit card on file with Best in Show Pet Sitting.
- An invoice will be emailed on the last day of the month for all dog walks rendered during that month.
- Client’s credit card will be charged the following day for the balance due.
- If client wants to tip their walker, client can pay the invoice on their own, prior to their card being charged the next day.
- Not mandatory, but always appreciated.
- If paying by cash, any dollar amount received, which is above the amount due on client’s invoice will automatically be considered a gratuity.
- If paying by check, please indicate the amount of the gratuity on the memo line of the check.
- If paying by credit card, you may enter the amount of the gratuity during the checkout process.
7) PAYMENT METHODS ACCEPTED:
- Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover
- Checks should be made payable to Best in Show Pet Sitting.
- There is a returned check fee of $40.00
- All holidays will incur a surcharge of $5.00 per visit for all services.
- Click here for specific dates to which surcharges will apply.
- There will be a one-time $50.00 fee for any last-minute holiday bookings. A last-minute holiday booking is any reservation request that includes at least 1 visit subject to the $5/visit surcharge, submitted within 14 days prior to the first visit.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas reservations require a 50% deposit before reservations are considered confirmed and on our calendar.
Pet Sitting Clients
- There are no cancellation fees for cancellations received more than 7 days prior to the first scheduled visit.
- Any cancellation received within 7 days of the first scheduled visit will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the total invoiced amount.
- Overnight reservations require a 14-day notice of cancellation. Failure to supply sufficient notice will result in a loss of the client’s 50% deposit.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas reservations require a 21-day notice of cancellation. Failure to supply sufficient notice will result in a loss of the client’s 50% deposit.
Daily Mid-Day Dog Walking Clients
- Please alert the office by 9:00AM if you must cancel your mid-day dog walk for that day.
- Should a sitter arrive for a scheduled dog walk to find the client home and/or the dog(s) not home, without any notice of cancellation, client shall be charged in full for that visit.
- NO REFUNDS ALLOWED
- Clients who have paid for services not yet rendered and then cancel those services in accordance with our cancellation policy will receive a credit to their account to use for future reservations. Credits expire in one year from date of issue.
- No credits shall be issued due to a late departure or an early return by the client.
11) JOB SHARING/MULTIPLE PET CAREGIVERS:
- Client agrees that when they hire Best in Show Pet Sitting to care for their pets that ONLY Best in Show Pet Sitting will be caring for their pets.
- In order to provide your pets with the safest and most consistent care, Best in Show Pet Sitting will not share pet care responsibilities with anyone who does not work for Best in Show Pet Sitting. This includes paid, as well as non-paid caregivers, like the client’s immediate family, friends, neighbors, relatives, and other professional pet sitting businesses.
- If Best in Show Pet Sitting is made aware of another care giver during the course of our visits, client acknowledges that Best in Show Pet Sitting’s liability insurance will become null and void and client will not hold Best in Show Pet Siting responsible for any loss or damage to your home and/or pets during the entirety of our visit schedule.
12) INCLEMENT WEATHER:
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, client agree to allow Best in Show Pet Sitting to use their best judgment in caring for your pet(s). Best in Show Pet Sitting will not be held liable for any damages or liabilities related to any such decisions. If we are unable to travel to your home due to unsafe road conditions or road closures, we will inform you ASAP.
- Client agrees to have a backup plan, if necessary, should inclement weather temporarily prevent Best in Show Pet Sitting from caring for your pet(s)
- We always recommend leaving a key with a neighbor for these instances.
13) KEY STORAGE:
- Client authorizes Best in Show Pet Sitting to keep at least one sets of house keys on file for purposes of entry to the home during scheduled service.
- Client acknowledges that Best in Show Pet Sitting will keep all keys on file in a secured lock box for future use.
- If a client prefers not to keep keys on file with us, it will be the client’s responsibility to deliver the keys to us prior to the first day of future service.
- If a client moves, they have the option to pick up their keys or request that we dispose of them.
14) HOME ACCESS:
- It is the client’s duty to inform Best in Show Pet Sitting if anyone else will have access to your home during our service period, i.e., house cleaners, realtors, maintenance/repair service providers, friends/family, etc. Please inform them that we will be there as well.
- Client agrees to have a plan in place to keep pets secure on days that another individual or service provider will be entering your home.
- Client agrees that should any pet escape the home when home has been accessed by anyone other than Best in Show Petting, Best in Show Pet Sitting will not be held liable for any consequences that result from said escape. This includes, but is not limited to, loss, injury, and death.
- Client agrees that Best in Show Pet Sitting shall not be held liable for any damages or loss incurred to your home on days when someone other than Best in Show Pet Sitting has access to your home.
- The liability waivers above do not apply to client’s emergency contact(s), as named in the client’s profile as having a key or code to enter the client’s home, with the understanding that said contact(s) will not be entering the client’s home during the entire term of Best in Show Pet Sitting’s visit schedule, unless called to the client’s home, by the client or a Best in Show Pet Sitting representative, in the event of an emergency.
- Client attests to the fact that all licenses and vaccinations required by the State of North Carolina, as well as the city and/or county in which they reside, are current according to law.
- Client understands that, in case of a medical emergency, proof of rabies vaccination is required by all veterinarians before treatment will be rendered.
- Clients may choose to have their pet(s) medical records and/or current vaccination certificates added to their client profile
16) EMERGENCY VETERINARY CARE:
- Best in Show Pet Sitting will provide transportation to and from your veterinarian’s office, within a 6-mile radius of client’s home. Exceptions may be made on a case-to-case basis.
- If a pet becomes ill while under the care of Best in Show Pet Sitting, every attempt will be made to contact the client immediately and directly.
- If there are no instructions in the client’s profile for what to do in case of a medical emergency with their pet(s) and the client is unreachable, client authorizes Best in Show Pet Sitting to use their best judgement for the safety and health of their pet(s). This may include the following:
- Consulting with and transporting pet(s) to the client’s veterinarian, as listed in their profile.
- Consulting with and transporting pet(s) to the closest emergency veterinarian.
- Consulting with and transporting pet(s) to Best in Show Pet Sitting’s personal veterinarian, Grace Park Animal Hospital.
- Client authorizes Best in Show Pet Sitting to approve any emergency treatment recommended by the veterinarian up to the dollar amount client has specified in their profile.
- Client agrees to work with the veterinary practice directly concerning payment for any services rendered.
- Client acknowledges there will be a fee of $60.00 charged by Best in Show Pet Sitting, which covers round trip emergency transportation to/from the veterinarian, as well as staying with your pet(s) during any examinations and waiting for tests, as needed.
- Client releases Best in Show Pet Sitting from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense resulting from a medical emergency with your pet(s).
17) BONDING & INSURANCE:
- Best in Show Pet Sitting and all its contractors are fully insured through Pet Sitters Associates LLC., Administered by: RPS Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI, and underwritten by: Evanston Insurance Company.
18) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- Best in Show Pet Sitting agrees to provide all services in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, client expressly waives all claims against Best in Show Pet Sitting and its contractors, except for those arising from willful misconduct and negligence on the part of any Best in Show Pet Sitting representative.
We thank you for choosing Best in Show Pet Sitting for your professional pet care needs. We look forward to providing excellent service and establishing a long relationship with you and your pet(s).
Last updated April 19, 2023
Hillary Rich is awesome. Best in Show pet sitting has worked wonderfully well with me and my baby, whom Hillary loves quite possibly as much as I do. I would highly recommend this business and this business owner to anybody who wants their fur babies in good hands. I give her two thumbs up and so does Trixie… That’s my baby.
Morrisville, North Carolina
Copyright © 2022 Best In Show Pet Sitting | All Rights Reserved. | Trademarks and Brands are the property of their respective owners.