Terms of Service
1) SERVICE HOURS: Best in Show Pet Sitting provides services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Please note: The hours of
To schedule service, a request must be submitted via our
- We require all cats in our care to be visited at least once every 24 hours and all dogs in our care to be visited a minimum of twice per day at
12 hourintervals. Three visits per day isthe recommended schedule for dogs who may need to relieve themselves more often.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas reservations require a minimum 50% deposit of the total visit schedule before reservations are considered confirmed and on our calendar.
- The most up to date fee schedule may be found on our website at any time by visiting https://www.bestinshowpetsitting.com/services-and-pricing/
- There will be a holiday surcharge of $5.00 per visit for all services. There will be a one-time $25.00 surcharge for any last-minute holiday bookings. A last-minute holiday booking is any reservation request, during which a holiday will fall, submitted within 7 days prior to the first visit. See: https://www.bestinshowpetsitting.com/holiday-fees/ for specific dates to which the surcharges will apply.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
4) PAYMENT PROCEDURES:
New Pet Sitting Clients
- New clients with confirmed reservation requests made prior to their meet & greet will be required to pre-pay for those services, in full, at their meet & greet. If multiple visit schedules have been submitted and confirmed, payment will only be required for the first schedule of visits occurring after the completed meet & greet.
- New clients who book their first reservation after a meet & greet has been completed will be required to pre-pay for those services via credit/debit card upon receipt of their confirmation and invoice by clicking the “Pay Online” button found on their electronic invoice.
- Once your first schedule of visits has been completed and closed out, you are no longer considered a new client and will now follow the payment policies for existing clients as set forth below.
Existing Pet Sitting Clients
- Paying by cash or check: Payment, in full, is to be left for your sitter on the first day of a visit schedule.
- Paying by credit/debit card: Payment is due on or before the first day of a visit schedule.
Clientmay make a one-time payment by clicking on the “Pay Online” button offered directly on their invoice. Clientmay choose to keep a credit card on file with Best in Show Pet Sitting by adding it to their profile through the client portal. Unless Best in Show Pet Sitting is instructed differently by the client, all clients with a credit card on file will have their card charged on the first day of a visit schedule. Immediately after charging your card, you will receive an automatic email confirmation stating the amount charged.
On-going Daily Dog Walking Clients
- Clients are required to keep a credit card on file with Best in Show Pet Sitting by adding it to their profile through the client portal.
- An invoice will be emailed on the last day of the month for all dog walks rendered during that month.
- Client’s credit card will be charged on the first day of every month for the balance due on their invoice. Immediately after charging the card, the client will receive an automatic email confirmation stating the amount charged.
- Daily dog walking clients who book pet sitting services shall follow the payment policies for existing pet sitting clients, as outlined above.
- Not mandatory, but always appreciated.
- If paying by cash, any dollar amount received, which is above the amount due on client’s invoice will automatically be considered a gratuity.
- If paying by check, please indicate the amount of the gratuity on the memo line of the check.
- If paying by credit card, you may enter the amount of the gratuity during the checkout process.
5) PAYMENT METHODS ACCEPTED:
- Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover.
- Checks should be made payable to Best in Show Pet Sitting.
- There is a returned check fee of $35.00
Pet Sitting Clients
- All cancellations are to be submitted via the client portal at least 5 days prior to the first visit.
- Any cancellation received with less than 5 days notice will be assessed a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas reservations require a
two weeknotice of cancellation. Failure to supply sufficient notice of cancellation during these holidays will result in a loss of the client’s 50% deposit.
Daily Mid-Day Dog Walking Clients
- Please alert the office by
9:00AMif you must cancel your mid-day dog walk for that day.
- Should a sitter arrive for a scheduled dog walk to find the client home, and without any notice of cancellation,
clientshall be charged in full for that visit.
- NO REFUNDS ALLOWED
- Clients who cancel service in accordance with our cancellation policy will receive a credit to their account to use for future reservations. Credits have no expiration date.
- No credits shall be issued due to a late departure or an early return by the client.
8) INCLEMENT WEATHER: In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Best in Show Pet Sitting is entrusted to use their best judgment in caring for your pet(s). We are not held liable for any damages or liabilities related to any such decisions. If travel is unsafe or we are unable to make it to your home due to conditions or road closures, we will inform you ASAP. We always recommend leaving a key with a neighbor for these instances.
9) KEY STORAGE: Client authorizes Best in Show Pet Sitting to keep at least two sets of house keys on file for purposes of entry to the home during scheduled service and acknowledges that Best in Show Pet Sitting will keep the keys on file in a secured lock box for future use. If client shall relocate or discontinue service for any reason,
10) HOME ACCESS: It is the client’s duty to inform Best in Show Pet Sitting if anyone else will have access to your home during our service period, i.e., house cleaners, realtors, repairman, friends/family, etc. Please inform them that we will be there as well. Please be aware that shared entry will waive our liability insurance and bonding for your home and pets. Best in Show Pet Sitting shall not be held liable for any damages or loss incurred to your home or pets during the entirety of any pet sitting schedule, where someone other than Best in Show Pet Sitting has access to your home. Liability waiver does not apply to client’s emergency contact(s), as named in the client’s profile as having a key to the client’s home, with the understanding that said contact(s) will not be entering the client’s home during the entire term of Best in Show Pet Sitting’s visit schedule, unless called to the client’s home, by a Best in Show Pet Sitting representative, in the event of an emergency.
11) JOB SHARING: To maintain the integrity and quality of care we provide for all our clients, Best in Show Pet Sitting does not job share pet sitting and/or dog walking services. This includes paid, as well as non-paid caregivers. Client acknowledges that when they hire Best in Show Pet Sitting to care for their pets that ONLY Best in Show Pet Sitting will be caring for their pets during scheduled service dates and that any friends, neighbors, relatives, etc., will not be sharing pet care responsibilities with Best in Show Pet Sitting. Scheduled service dates are considered the entirety of the visit schedule from the first visit on the first day until the last visit on the last day.
12) VETERINARY & EMERGENCY CARE: If a pet becomes ill while under the care of Best in Show Pet Sitting, every attempt will be made to contact the client immediately and directly. If the client is unreachable, client authorizes the representative of Best in Show Pet Sitting to transport pet(s) to the
13) VACCINATIONS: Client attests to the fact that all licenses and vaccinations required by the State of North Carolina, as well as the city and/or county in which they reside, are current according to law. All dogs are required to have their current rabies medallion attached to their collar during all Best in Show Pet Sitting visits. Clients may choose to have their pet(s) medical records and/or current vaccination certificates added to their client portal profile by emailing these documents to Hillary@Bestinshowpetsitting.com.
14) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Best in Show Pet Sitting agrees to provide all services in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, client expressly waives all claims against Best in Show Pet Sitting and its contractors, except for those arising from willful misconduct and negligence on the part of any Best in Show Pet Sitting representative.
15) BONDING & INSURANCE: Best in Show Pet Sitting and all its contractors are fully insured through Pet Sitters Associates LLC., Administered
We thank you for choosing Best in Show Pet Sitting for your professional pet care needs. We look forward to providing excellent service and establishing a long relationship with you and your pet(s).
Last updated July 1, 2019
Hillary Rich is awesome. Best in Show pet sitting has worked wonderfully well with me and my baby, whom Hillary loves quite possibly as much as I do. I would highly recommend this business and this business owner to anybody who wants their fur babies in good hands. I give her two thumbs up and so does Trixie… That’s my baby.